Oil Country is pumping out the black gold! Tonight the Oilers advanced to round 3 (the semi finals) of the NHL playoffs. According to history buffs this is the first time that the Oil have been this far into the playoffs since 1992. So, as a retrospective, I’m going to outline what was happening in 1992.
- Rodney King is taped being beaten
- The Michelangelo virus, originating in Europe, disables computers worldwide
- Riots break out in Los Angeles
- Aurthur Ashe announces he has AIDS
- Last episode of the Cosby show airs
- NAFTA….need I say more
- Michael Schumacher wins first ever Formula 1 race
- The Pittsburg Penguins swept the Chicago Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup
- Mario Lemieux wins the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVPI’m the Igloo Coder and I’m hoping the neighbours tone it down a bit before midnight comes around.