I got hit by some spammers today and I figured that I’d alter my ReverseDOS.config file so that they wouldn’t get through again. One of the common things that was in each post was the value [/url] so I added the following to the config.
<filter isRegex=”true” matchCount=”1”>[/url]</filter>
Unfortunately that addition caused the following error when I tried to open any page on my site.
XML Parsing Error: no element found
Not a very pretty error. I’m not sure why that error is being generated, but it is. I’m guessing that the [/url] value appears somewhere in the page that I’m receiving. I removed the filter enter that I show above and modified some of the other RegEx entries which should pick up the spammers the next time.